1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice please on speakers for this system

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by MarkTy, Jun 21, 2005.

1. MarkTy

MarkTy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm about to buy speakers for my new plasma room.

I'll be using an Arcam AVR250

I'd like to use the KEF KHT 2005.2 and turn it into a 6.1 set up by buying an extra central front speaker. WIll the KEF 6000 central speaker be a good choice ? Is it possible to buy these seperately ?

Thanks

2. MarkTy

MarkTy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please guys, I need some help on this one......I don't want to get it wrong. I gather the middle front speaker is all important...and because I need to buy n extra speaker for 6.1 it seems to be the one to change. Wil the extra money for the KHT 6000 centre be money well spent.

Thanks

PS
    I'll buy everyone a pint who gives me some advice....you'll have to come to Devon though :D

3. Pinoy

Pinoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am in the same situation as well, just wonder did you go ahead with your plan ?

4. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    hi guys just a quick cheeky little note to say that in the sale forums i have for sale 6 kef eggs.... could be worth a look for either of you if your after a 6.1 set up as you wouldnt have to buy a seperate 6th speaker!

i intended to do the same as both of you but then fell in love with the black chrome ones too much so the silver set have to go! even though for the time being it means sacrificing the 6.1 to 5.1!!

anyway..just a thought! good luck with your systems guys!