1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Please on Speaker Switch Box!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Matt Horne, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Hi..

Currently I have a 7 channel Av amp which I am using 5 channels.

I have the extra speakers for 7.1 but I am having no luck getting them installed in the front room (WAF at a all time low!)

So I had the idea of keeping the extra 2 channels on stands and pluggin them into my amp when the need arises (also means I have have a 2 channel setup elsewhere)

Problem is to do this I would have to unhook my current rears (which would become the centre rears) and swap them over each time I wanted 7.1 As my speakers are screwed into the amp (Onkyo does not take banana plugs) this would be a painful process each time.

So does there exists a switch box which would let me connect both sets of rears and switch them over between my 2 channels on my amp ? I have looked around on the web but all I could find was switch boxes which allowed more than one set of speakers linking to a single stereo amp?

If this does not exist I thought about building my own using 2 sets of these :

http://www.qed.co.uk/acc/wallmount.html (the WM11's)

and some speaker cable to wire the points to my amp, then all I have to do is swap over banana plugs when I setup my 7.1 speakers (and re-calibrate of course :) )

Anyone know then a nice box I could mount the wallmounts in to keep it all tidy ? (or preferably a pre-built solution ?)

Thanks

Matt