advice please:on all in one pc

av addict

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi my wife wants a new white desktop all in one to save space,after 21-23 inch monitor,now qvc have today special value with these specs,also dont need touchscreen

What’s in the box?
  • Lenovo C50 23" All-in-One PC
  • USB mouse (wired)
  • USB keyboard (wired)
  • AC power adapter
  • User manual

Technical specifications:
  • Operating system: Windows 10 (64bit)
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-5200U processor, Dual-core 2.2 GHz / 2.7 GHz with Turbo Boost, 3MB cache
  • Memory (RAM): 8GB DDR3
  • Storage: 1TB HDD, 7200 rpm
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 820M (2GB)
  • Screen size: 23"
  • Screen type: LED
  • Resolution: 1920 x 1080
  • Touchscreen: choice of touch or non-touch
  • Wireless: 802.11ac
  • Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • Optical disc drive: DVD/RW
  • Memory card reader: 6-in-1
  • Expansion card slot: no
  • Sound: Dolby Home Theatre
  • Speakers: Integrated stereo speakers
  • Camera: Integrated HD webcam
  • Microphone: yes
  • Mouse/trackpad: wired USB optical mouse
  • Keyboard: wired USB AccuType keyboard
  • PSU: 120W AC adaptor
  • Dimensions (h x w x d): 5.3cm x 56.4cm x 38.7cm (2" x 22.2" x 15.2")
  • Weight: 6.7 kg
  • Software included: McAfee Internet Security 30-day trial, Lenovo Rescue System, Dolby Home Theater, Multitouch Games, CyberLink Power DVD, Lenovo Education Games

Input/output:
  • 2 x USB 3.0
  • 3 x USB 2.0
  • 1 x HDMI (out)
  • 1 x audio jack 3.5mm
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]now its £569,also not bothered about gaming just daughter likes to play minecraft now and again,so can anyone help on finding decent spec for lower price or is this computer good value for price

any help will be appreciated thanks

[/FONT]

is this computer good value for price

Value for money is difficult to say with all in ones because it depends on unlisted things like screen quality as well as the ergonomics and integration. That's not a very fast machine with it's low power laptop processor, ancient graphics card and hard disk drive instead of faster SSD. It may be particularly thin for an all in one or something though.

It's well worth considering a separate monitor and base unit. A modern Mini PC is very small these days. If you're willing to accept a laptop-style external power brick (like that all in one has) then they're about the size of a hardback book and even the ones with internal power supplies are only an inch or so bigger.

If you're willing to consider that then Lenovo's M900 Tiny seems a decent deal. With the current coupon and cashback offers the base i5-6400T model configured with 8GB of memory and a 256GB SSD comes to £430:
ThinkCentre M900 Tiny | 1L Desktop PC for Large Enterprises | Lenovo UK

The remaining £140 should be enough for a white 1920x1080 monitor that it can nestle behind.

thanks endless for your response,however think they all too priceie for what we need it for just browsing,youtube,minecraft so what u think about this one :) thanks
MSI ADORA ADORA20 3M-010EU

Quick Overview

AMD E2-3800 (2M Cache, 1.30 GHz), 49.53 cm (19.5 ") HD+ (1600 x 900) LED Non-Touch, 4GB DDR3L, 500GB SATAIII HDD, DVD Super Multi, AMD Radeon HD 8280, Gigabit Ethernet, WLAN 802.11 b/g/n, HD Webcam, Windows 8.1 64-bit

£243 inc vat but no keyboard or mouse

thanks endless for your response,however think they all too priceie for what we need it for just browsing

It's the same overall price as the one you suggested.

Such low powered machines as the Adora will be adequate but they won't be for long. I'd expect to have to replace it in two or three years.

Lenovo were doing the M73z with a Pentium G3240 (similar speed to the i5-5200U) for circa £350 a month or so ago which was a good deal, it's back up to £420 now and at that price you might as well go for the next model up at £440 which adds the height adjustable stand, hybrid drive and double the graphics power:
10BC0017UK | Lenovo M73Z Core i3-4150 4GB 500GB +8GB DVDRW Windows 7/8.1 Professional All In One - Laptops Direct

It doesn't come in white though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom