1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Please (Musical Fidelity A3)

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sbarnard, Feb 22, 2005.

1. sbarnard

sbarnard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new here but have been browsing for some time so please be nice.

I have a Musical Fidelity A3 Integrated Amplifier in one room with an MF A3 CD player driving a pair of B&W CDM 7 SE'S and have recently purchased a pair of B&W CDM1'S.

I would like to be able to use the CDM1'S in another room but the amp only has 1 set of speaker outputs. As I see it I have a couple of options.

a) Add a speaker switch box to my system but I'm worried about loss of quality through both sets as I can only find relatively cheap solutions.

b) Run another power/pre/integrated amp off the pre amp output? (I have an MF XA2 Integrated that I could use.

c) Run two sets of speakers from the single outputs (loss of quality again?)

I'm really not sure of the best way to achieve this, can any of you knowlegeable people here help point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
    Simon

PS. Great forum :smashin:

2. sbarnard

sbarnard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help :lease:

Cheers
    Simon

3. Antpink

Antpink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    There's another thread that asks if you can connect to two amps with one CD player - seems like that may be the easiest thing for you also. Used to have X-Ray/A3/CDM1 - very good sounding setup there.... similar to what yours will be like, I would imagine.

Or you could look for a DAC on ebay, like this (need to find a power supply though):
    Xact DAC Ebay
    or this:
    24K DAC Ebay

and hook up analogue to one amp and digital-dac-amp for the other. If you do it this way you could probably run both at the same time with no potential interference from either.....