Advice Please - LG 60PM680T or the LG 55LM760T?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by csugn, Feb 27, 2013.

1. csugn

csugn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I am at a cross roads in making a decision between the LG 60PM680T or the LG 55LM760T. I am upgrading from a 50" Samsung plasma (HD Ready!) which I have found brilliant but its about time for the step up.

I have a large room so size isn't too much of a consideration as long as its bigger than 50".

Main uses - movies, PS3 gaming, some sports.

I'm sold on LG as I like the style and seem quality, plus in this kind of bracket I think you get a lot for your money compared to the Mid/high end Samsungs etc.

I was going for the 55" LED but have these concerns:
    - I'm used to Plasma and am concerned the change to LED will disapoint as I'm not really that bothered about weight or thickness (alhtough the nearly no bezel is a good thing).

- The 55" bezel free design means the physical size is about the same as my old 50" Plasma with its chunky frame.

- The 60" LG is nearly £300 cheaper.

The 60" has me with these:

- Active 3D, whenever I've tried it on Samsungs really didn't like it so preferred passive.

- Would the display look as vibrant as an LED in a higher price bracket.

I've posted on here because I'm really struggling to make a decicision, and its a big one in my world! If anyone has any experience of either of these TVs it would be most appreciated.

Thanks, AJ.

2. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    Thread moved

Curly

3. karmaz

karmaz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I can tell you for sure, that it wont.

I'm sending my 680T back, as it has unsolvable lipsync issues, and the ABL is way too aggressive, with such dull whites.

I'd avoid it personally.

4. healeydave

healeydave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats a shame, I was looking at this TV too because of the excellent spec and price.

Karmaz, you don't seem to be having much luck with TV's at the moment, I saw your other thread :)

Hmmm, I guess I will hold off a bit then, one thing for sure I certainly won't be buying a Samsung!
    Boycotting all their products, I've had issues with everything I've bought from Samsung in the last few years, they a re renowned for manufacturing products with defects and keeping things as quiet as possible to limit liability to resolve.

Think the classic RS21 fridge issues and the class action lawsuits in the USA for the poor quality components used in TV's causing premature failures. We had a 50" tv in our villa in Florida that didn't last 2 year and they refused to help!

I now call them Samscum or Samdung , either one is appropriate :)

5. csugn

csugn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having sold myself on an LG I've seen too many reports of light pooling in corners, lag on games etc. to now have reconsidered. The Sony KDL-55HX853 seems to be the one I should have gone for but kind of missed the boat on it now, its hard to track down (which is probably a sign of it being a decent TV as people aren't returning it and they've been snapped up). Now I'm at a point of thinking I may as well go for a 2013 model once the price drops....

Thanks for the replies BTW

6. Longy00000

Longy00000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Got a 55 HX853 and absolutely love it, probable love it more than my i do my wife, infact i definitely do!
    Looking for a bedroom telly now and would love a 40" 853 but still think its a bit expensive for a bedroom (about £899) but if they come down in price with the new range coming out i wouldnt hesitate.

7. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    John Lewis are sold out of the Sony online but you could try the stores, as they hold different stocks. £1499 according to the website. Or try a Sony Centre if you have one close by

8. csugn

csugn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the feedback guys, got a 55" HX853 on order....