Advice please for a conservatory/extension

sherlock1965

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive not posted much on the forum but you all seem like a friendly bunch :)

I'm building a single story extension with glass lantern roof, plenty of glazing (28 feet) and am looking for a TV/speaker design that will sound and look good in this challenging set up due to the amount of glass and open space.

I currently using a bose lifestyle in the living room which is getting way past its sell by date and sonos for music streaming.

Im looking at keeping the sonos (sound bar or sonos amp) for streaming but would like a speaker arrangement (5:!) that uses small speakers as wall space is a premium. Would prefer not to use a sub woofer due to the amount of glazing so a good rich full sound from small (wall mounted preferably) set of speakers.

Any advice please guys?

thanks

Sherlock

Small speakers and a full sound do not go together. If you want small speakers then you are going to need a sub to fill in the low stuff. Not sure why the amount of glazing is going to be a problem with a sub. Glazing is very reflective so tends to cause more issues with the higher frequencies and hence causes a room to sound quite bright.
What is your budget for the speakers and amp?

Hi PSM1 - sorry for delay getting back.

Im going to upload a diagram showing the room as its not ideal and has some challenges. Until I get that done my budget is less than £2k and am thinking of maybe two small wall mounted KEFs with a sub for the TV - thats quite simple but I also need room audio (possibly ceiling mounted) all linked via sonos etc.

Ill try and get the floor plan uploaded.

Attachments

• expanded view.png
    expanded view.png
    200.7 KB · Views: 37
£2k is a good budget so should have plenty of options.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom