1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice please, confused as to what i need.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jobe, May 1, 2005.

1. jobe

jobe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I need a new tv and have been advised to buy a plasma. I would like a 37 inch Panasonic TW7 wich are on offer at the moment for about £1000, but then would need a tabletop stand and circuit/media boards which push the price up too high. I only have about 1400.
    What is the cheapest way to make the panasonic tw7 monitor intpo a tv able to watch analogue (from video or sky.)
    I have Sky, an x-box and a dvd/vhs player. I would like to watch Sky, play on the x-box, watch a dvd and watch a video.
    I would also like to record a sky programme whilst i watch an analogue programme. Is this possible, as it is on a crt set?
    If i hook up an aerial to the video or sky, can i watch it on the plasma?

Finally (and thanks for reading this far) I have been advised to buy the panasonic tw7 monitor, but have seen a phillips 37pf9946 integrated plasma for only 1099. Is this set any good?

John

2. zest

zest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, I guess you mean a pw7! hundreds of threads on this!! best to do a search mate.
    The pw7 has no turner or speakers its just a panel. loads of ways to connect everything up. Easiest way would be a quintro box via scart, or for best pq use a js RGB>VGA and quintro. Then use a harmony remote

3. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd recommend a Panasonic 42PA50, available for £1500 inc tabletop stand and delivery, if its not too big (viewing distance isnt an issue over the 37").

This is a proper TV, uses the new Panasonic G8 panel, has all the inputs you need, and an analogue tuner, integrated speakers, etc. The picture is much better than the PW7 panels to boot IMO.

4. zest

zest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    or wait a few days for the pv500