ADVICE PLEASE : Budget Around 2K Which DLP to go for??

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Gadget Daddy, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Gadget Daddy

Gadget Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Hi people,

I seeking some advice from you experts, I'm looking to change my Sony 32" CRT to a DLP as they seem to be getting rave reviews against a plasma, Budget around 2000 pounds and size upto 50" , any advice will be gratefully received, also where is the cheapest / best place to buy from Im in the North East of the UK

Thanks in anticipation
    Pete

2. Red1

Red1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Pete,

I live in Newcastle, for your budget there are a few sets you could go for, I bought the Toshiba 46WM48 from Costco (it's near the Metro Centre in Gateshead) for about £1580,you have to be a member to shop there.

I think it's a great set but look on the threads on here to get oppinions on it and others.

Red1

3. Gadget Daddy

Gadget Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Thanks for that Red1, it seems people hold the Samsung SP50L7HX in high regard here IMHO looks fantastic aswell, and at Unbeatables price £2400 its only slightly over budget, does anyone know anywhere cheaper or a voucher code or any stores that would price match unbeatables price

Any info gratefully received
    Pete

4. JohnWin

JohnWin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi - yep, the Sammy also looks good. Two Questions tho'

1. Can you use the Machine with its all in one stand - I have virtually discounted it because of this issue.

2. Have you checked out the PQ - IMO the Tosh is slightly better - and you can get 52" for less money than the Sammy.

Just my three penny worth.

John