1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice please - bi-wire cable plug/connector ?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by bedders, Mar 9, 2004.

1. bedders

bedders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have Mission M78n speakers (see below) which are connected to my Yamaha 640 amp via QED Silver Anniversary Biwire cable.

I currently use Gale gold-plated banana plugs to connect the cable to the speakers, see pic, but will soon upgrade to 7.1 speakers with my newly bought M78DS rears. Will also move to a Arcam AVR300 when they're available in Q2...

? is there a better plug/connector than the Gale bananas ?

http://www.qed.co.uk/cables/speaker/silver_bw.html shows Airloc connectors, but I can't quite see how you would connect the amp end which is '2' ends into '1' (bi-wired).

Here's a pic of my current cables:

Attached Files:

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Airloc plugsa are cold soldered to the cable using a special machine and the entry in the plugs is designed to fit two runs of silver anniversary cable in easily.
    The plugs are dealer fitted and most will definately fit for free if you are buying the cable but quite a few will fit them to the existing cable if you don't rush them (it's apparantly not that easy and often quite painful to fit them!!)
    The plugs are sold @ £5 each for bananas but MUST be fitted using a special tool!