• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice please 50 inch 4K £800 budget

MancD

Standard Member
Hi all, I hope someone's can point me in the right direction, or provide some advice.

I've managed to convince my dad to get a 4K tv, as his lg is pretty poor and only 40 inch

We were looking at the Panasonic dx750 at richer but they have all gone

Has anyone got any other recommendations? Motion for sport is essential, so I was thinking Panasonic or Sony possibly sony bravia kd49xe7002

50 inch max size really

Thanks in advance

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
At this time of year similarly priced 2017 models like the XE70 are much lower down the range. It's equivalent in position to the DX600, two models down and several hundred cheaper than the DX750.

For best value you either want to keep an eye on 2016 stock and nab one whenever they come in or wait until the build-up to Christmas when 2017 models have dropped in price.

You'll certainly be able to get an XE80 at the same price by then, and the XE90 could conceivably be within £100-200 of the budget.

Dodgexander

So Sony made it that the new XE85 uses VA type panels...yay!
But they also made it so all XE80/XE70 panels are IPS...booo

To the OP, either save some money and go for a capable HDR TV when it goes down in price like the Sony XE90 or pick up a reduced 2016 model...if you can still find one.

Also consider just not upgrading at all or going second hand, UHD is pointless at most peoples viewing distances as you need to view approx twice as close vs a FHD tv to even see UHD.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom