Advice picking a Lcd for bedroom

est1892

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi I am currently looking to buy an 37" lcd for my bedroom. I am going to use it for my mce pc and to watch sd tv. I have around £450-£500 to spend. I have seen a teco and a Orion for the right price bracket but I am nervous spending money on a budget brand lcd however needs must. The Orion seems a good choice due to the 2 Hdmi's and the fact that they manufacture sharp and Toshiba lcd tv's . However the Teco has freeview and is supposed to have a samung panel. has anyone had exprience with these tv's or the brands and give advice in which one to pick. Also if any one has anyother suggestion on what to buy please reply. I have searched high and low and feel my head is going to explode with all the info I have consumed. Cheers

TECO
http://www.directtvs.co.uk/Teco_TA3771RW_37_inch_HD_Ready_LCD_TV_TA3771RW_/version-1.asp

ORION
http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1242323950.1188501636@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccceaddllhiggfdcflgceggdhhmdgmi.0&page=Product&fm=11&sm=0&tm=0&sku=938899&category_oid=-30633

Unless you live in a stately home 37" is far too big for a bedroom :nono:

Go for a better quality make in a 32" and you'll be far happier.

Most people feel 26" is about right for a bedroom - 32-37" are better suited to normal sized lounges.

Unless you live in a stately home 37" is far too big for a bedroom :nono:

Go for a better quality make in a 32" and you'll be far happier.

Most people feel 26" is about right for a bedroom - 32-37" are better suited to normal sized lounges.

i think hes right but if your determined go for a mirai tv my work place has loads and they're very good.

After 3 hours of walking around the retail park going from various elctrical shops i finnally bought my TV :)! I got the Orion 37" LCD TV from Currys for £450. It comes with a one year warranty, but then i will take out the extended one after the first year is up.

I looked at soo many TV's. Even considered a couple of 32" ones, but decided against them as i was really after a 37". And then i saw the Orion, love it! It had an awful pic to begin with when i first saw it, and then i changed the settings as someone had put it on cinema mode which had zoomed in the pic. And its perfect! Not quite a Samsung, but is perfect for my bedroom. :thumbsup:

Would now reccomend to anyone. They are on Dixons website for £449, they have 2 for some reason on their site, the other is priced at £549. But they are both the same. The £449 doesnt have a pic, but just look at the pic for the £549 and they are the same. All Currys stores have em on display so you can go in and have a look. Use this code on Dixons for 5% off GIMME5.

I decided against buying online due to if anything went wrong then i have nowhere to go. Whereas now i can just walk into my local currys :cool:

Great TV! Unfortunatly it wouldnt fit in my car with all the family in as well, so i have had to leave it at Currys to be picked up next week :)

But i spent hours playing with the one in store and the pic is fantastic, despite what anyone else says! Perfect TV at a great price. Treat yourself before Christmas lol

37 for a bedroom is fine if its not gonna be too close to you, i have a 40 and its perfect for me

37 for a bedroom is fine if its not gonna be too close to you, i have a 40 and its perfect for me

I agree! :smashin: 37" is an OK size, a 40" is prob perfect but ullwell its 10x better than my 28" CRT that i had previously.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom