Advice & opinion please ( Denon AVR-X6200W or Yamaha RX-A3050)

Dreamer9

Novice Member
Hello guys ..
am new in audio field, i would like to get some advises.

I have a room (550cm X 550cm) and i have wired the room to be ( 7.2.4 ) ATMOS , i bought speakers from the XTZ sound, below the links of all the speakers i have bought.

3X Front ( L/C/R ) M6
2X Surround ( L/R ) S5
2X Surround back ( L/R ) S5
4X ATMOS ( front L/R ) & ( back L/R ) S2 Atmosphere
1X SUB SUB 1X12

For now am only using 1 SUB so its ( 7.1.4 )

I would like to buy a receiver but am kinda confused which is the best for my speakers .

am confused between those receivers.
1. Denon AVR-X6200W ( $2128)
2. Yamaha RX-A3050 ( $1755)

I will never use this for music .

I have question always in my mind.

Do i need Amplifier? at least for the Front speakers L/C/R ? if yes which one you recommend me .

thank you in advance :)

Bbos37

I'd suggest the Denon because of the Audassy xt 32.It performs well especially when using 2 sub.

Jules

Distinguished Member
If HDMI pass through is important to you, Yamaha's implementation is much better (you can select the source to pass through when the unit is in standby instead of a pre-defined source).

Yamaha also retain Dolby ProLogic 2X cinema and music modes while Denon does not.

Yamaha’s network control app is also considerably better than Denon's.

I had Denon AV amps for years until 1 month ago when I bought the Yamaha RX-A3050, and I'm very pleased with it.

Denon models sound a bit warmer, but Yamaha sounds more open while retaining warmth that is missing from other makes.

I would vote Yamaha...but then I don't use room EQ, so although I acknowledge Audessey is probably better than YPAU, neither interest me.
If room EQ matters than Denon might be better.

Last edited:

kbfern

Distinguished Member
If the Marantz 7010 is available to you cheaper than either of these I would consider that as an alternative.

I run XTZ M6 with MK surrounds and heights and the Marantz goes very well with them I think the Yammy YPAO is not as good as XT32. The 7010 is £400 cheaper over here than the Denon 6200 and there is nothing in the performance over the 7010.

If you like to listen at loud volumes over -10db I would get a power amp as the XTZ are 4 Ohm and like the extra power to make them shine. I run my LCR and wides off the Rotel 1075 5 ch amp and use the internal amps to power the surrounds and height channels.

gibbsy

I'm very probably going to pull the trigger on a 6200 because of an offer I can't possibly refuse. But I'm finding it difficult to find any reviews or members who own the player. Offer on the table is £1049 with a trade in on a Denon player which gets very very little use in the bedroom.

Longy00000

Both good receivers. I think the Marantz as nice as it is, is perhaps better for music but since using exclusively for movies I think Jules covers them both quite well. Yes audessy is probably better than the yams ypao but I don't really think they do an awful lot anyway though are good for setting initial levels and distances up. It's a personal thing I think. So I would go on price, warranty and build quality as apart from the points jules mentions above most other features are pretty similar. Both are good though.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom