Advice/Opinion needed for next upgrade: New PJ or Lumagen Pro or both?

So if you dont have to big a screen, and a old JVC X3 you could buy a Lumagen pro, and it will look about as well with HDR as most other JVC projectors.

Covers 94,9% DCI P3
JVC X3 P3 - Copy.jpeg

Interesting thread and certainly where i am with deciding what to do...
Well, I'll certainly let you know on the Lumagen front when I get it but there probably won't be much to add that hasn't already been said about the Lumagen.. as to the other stuff, I'll report back when I'm done:)

I only have a 1080 pj , themescene hd86. I do have a 4k oled so do i get a lumagen..or upgrade the pj and screen? Decisions,decisions..
Upgrade the projector and screen.

What would you recommend?
I concur with the above, get a PJ and screen. If you wait long enough, my JVC X7900 may come available to buy;);)

So if you dont have to big a screen, and a old JVC X3 you could buy a Lumagen pro, and it will look about as well with HDR as most other JVC projectors.

Covers 94,9% DCI P3View attachment 1494641

Strids, which JVC is best for 150'' screen or 165'' cinemascope screen?

Strids, which JVC is best for 150'' screen or 165'' cinemascope screen?
Depends, non of them really, for the size the NX9 would be great as its 4K, for contrast you would be better off with a X9900, anyway non of them really perform on that big screen, With JVC your very sample related. so you might get a JVC N5 with higher native contrast than a NX9, not likely but not impossible, and for that screen size you dont have light enough to close the iris.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom