1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on Yamaha YSP1

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by MR G_76, Apr 23, 2005.

1. MR G_76

MR G_76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI All

Please excuse me as i am a complete beginner on these forums and im trying to find some good, honest advice .

As happens with most of us men, a time comes when the missus puts her foot down :(

My pride and joy of home cinema that i have been constantly updating for the last 15yrs is being drastically reduced due to the arrival of my second child, and missus wanting more space in the front room and less wires and speakers.

So i decided to rip out the fire fire place and put Yamaha amp,sky+, Video recorder and DVD player inside. And hanged my Pioneer PDP-503HDE above on a wall bracket above. And sold my JBL's and Yamaha Sub-Woofer :(

After looking in various HI-FI mags i have decided to buy the Yamaha YSP-1 for the obvious reasons above. What i would like to to know is?

1) Are they as good as the reviews say?

2) Some of the reviews suggest adding a sub-woofer for better sound. If so what type of sub-woofer would anyone recommend and how much?, bearing in mind im on a cheap bugdet due to a new arrival in my family.

Thanks

G

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thread unlocked after reviewing the questions, in particular number 2.

Reiner