Advice on whether to buying a YSP 1 and where

D

dug24

I live in a flat with zero sound proofing and would like a system to play CDs & DVDs that doesn't wake the dead like my current Arcan.

The one box solution in the YSP1 looks interesting especially as my neighbours don't enjoy my bass thumping through the building, any thoughts...

pragmatic

The YSP 1000 won't produce much bass as most advise you need a sub to go with it, muscialy it is said to deliver a very wide sound stage and for movies it can do a good job of surrounding the user depening on the enviroment. If you buy a sub and then just don't use it night or when it may be heard the most it should work out fine.

Don't take my word for it though go get a demo to make sure your satisfied with what you hear.

goldeneye243

dug24 said:
I live in a flat with zero sound proofing and would like a system to play CDs & DVDs that doesn't wake the dead like my current Arcan.

The one box solution in the YSP1 looks interesting especially as my neighbours don't enjoy my bass thumping through the building, any thoughts...
I demoed a YSP-1 last week, along with a few colleagues. We were all impressed by the surround qualities, without a sub it was pretty good, with a sub, it was really quite impressive.

The downside was when we asked to listen to an audio CD. It was absolutely horrendous. The sound was all over the place. It might have been the way that the unit was set up, but it really did not work well at all.

If you want it for music CDs as well as cinema suround, I would suggest you give it a good demo.

Also , the ysp-800 and ysp-1000 have the auto set up which makes things a lot easier apparently, might be worth getting one of those instead if you like them.

TimmyH

Have you considered the Pioneer or Philips surround headphones ?

I have the Pioneers and they are great for keeping the neighbours, my wife and my little lad happy when they have gone to bed and I want some DVD battle action !

Trending threads

Top Bottom