advice on where to position rear speakers

nickb23

Hi Guys,
Just setting up the 5.1 (Jamo A102's) in our new house. With the fronts, its pretty obvious where they will go, but with the rears, I have a bit more to think about. I have added a quick diagram of our living room to show you the issue.

With the sofa being directly against the back wall, I cannot have the rears behind us. So I was thinking of wall mounting them near the ceiling (above the door) in the corners. Now I know that this is not ideal, but it is the best I can do. So should I have them on the side walls facing each other, or on the back wall crossing over just in front of the sweet spot (red box)

Also I cannot remember the name of it but there is some speaker cable that is not available in Richer sounds etc but seems to be very good and used at quite a few professional music studios. Dragon something....?..?..?
Front Room.jpg

Thanks in advance..
Nick

nickb23

Thanks. That's the cable. Unfortunately the sofa cannot move forward due to the fireplace.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom