• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice on what TV to shop for.. (serious noob (but enthusiastic))

Reed_360

Hi,

A lot of people on here have narrowed down to some options, even going as far as having a shortlist of 2. I have absolutely no idea.

If i tell you what I want it to do, could you please advise me?

Thanks in anticipation..

1.) Mainly watching SkyHD - got all the channels and the missus' loves Walking Dead etc. I love watching live sport - rugby/football/tennis/boxing - all of it really.. Need it to have a cracking picture - stating the obvious i guess??

2.) I play quite a bit Xbox1 so need this considered - i play off headphones usually so sound, outside of the TV program arena, isn't so much an issue..

3.) I am certain to buy SkyQ and all its trappings once its released - 4k or UHD - need panel to be mildly 'future-proofed' - although i appreciate this is nearly an impossibility.

4.) Large lounge area so we sit a good 10 foot away - a nice big panel would be a lovely treat

5.) Sturdy - mad dog (spaniel) and a 1yr old mean that the panel need not be made out of paper mache

6.) Sleek - If i mess up the feng shui, the missus will cut me.

Thank you ever so much

ps.) I would love any option but Panasonic by me are doing 0% (just saying)

xx

Reed_360

Yeah perhaps i was leaving the goal posts wide but that's only because I don't have a clue where to start.

Firms are releasing LCD/LED/4k/OLED models, all with product names with just a letter or two difference and I'm not really understanding it all.

Just wanted someone to say "this is a top TV, it hits all your requirements and it's called... Xxxx"

[emoji23]

pesser

maybe this site will help

Compare Flat-Screen TV Reviews By Brand, Rating, Size & Price

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom