• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Advice on what this is?

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
I have noticed over the last week a weird little effect on my screen, and its annoying.
To describe it, it looks like an electronic worm at the side and sometimes bottom of my screen, flashing and moving around, i have a picture of one here that stayed on screen last night for at least 15 mins.. Any advice, not seen these before, is my oled faulty? or is it something else. Thanks in advance for any help.
IMG_3562.jpg

raymondo77

Distinguished Member
I have noticed over the last week a weird little effect on my screen, and its annoying.
To describe it, it looks like an electronic worm at the side and sometimes bottom of my screen, flashing and moving around, i have a picture of one here that stayed on screen last night for at least 15 mins.. Any advice, not seen these before, is my oled faulty? or is it something else. Thanks in advance for any help.
View attachment 891795

Does that happen regardless of video source or input?

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Does that happen regardless of video source or input?
Yes , i was watching a film on bbc1 last night , turned it over to see if it would clear and it was present on the next channel too.

raymondo77

Distinguished Member
Yes , i was watching a film on bbc1 last night , turned it over to see if it would clear and it was present on the next channel too.

Then unfortunately yes it looks like a fault. Is it still under warranty? Hopefully there are still spare parts available for the CZ950.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Damn...
Yea i have a 7 year warranty..
I hope so too, i wont look forward to contacting them

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
A little update , its only happening on the bbc channels , so hopefully its an issue with them and not my oled..

NM2160

A little update , its only happening on the bbc channels , so hopefully its an issue with them and not my oled..

Have you got the pixel shift option turned on ?. Try turning it off & see if the issue is still there.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
I do have the Pixel Orbiter turned on , i will try it to off, and report back:smashin:

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
I can't turn it off, just auto. But i did not notice the effect last night, so im hoping that it is a broadcast issue and not my Oled.... fingers crossed

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom