Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Advice on what 32" widescreen to buy - Philips or Sharp ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by hamburger3, Oct 31, 2002.

1. hamburger3

hamburger3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok For a long time Iv been thinking about getting a Phillips PW6006 32 " widescreen tv.

Now Iv also been told about the Sharp 32JW73H set available for a similar price.

The Sharp set is not a flatscreen but its flatter than the Philips.

But the menu for the sharp is more clunky to use.

The Sharp set has 3 scarts compared to 2 on th Philips. Its the extra scart socket such a big deal ?

The other thing is Iv not heard great things about sharp sets for reliability so does anyone have and experience with sharp widescreens ?

I also welcome any other suggestions for similar sets for around £500 - £550.

Thanks for any advice given.

2. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    You will find that you always seem to need just one more scart socket ;) but as for the two TVs you mention I think I would go for the one with the better picture, menu style is not relevant in my book as you will use it rarely and I can not say that Sharp has a worse record with reliability as other makes ( a mate had one that bust after only about 15 years :) when he dropped it )