Advice on 'vintage' Denon rack needed please

bic the first

Novice Member
Hi - I have a 'vintage' Denon rack (AKA old), built by my OH before he died in 2007. I've kept it all this time but really only use the Denon amp for my desktop audio tbh (I have wired speakers all around - my OH worked as a sound engineer for the Beeb and I learn quite a bit from him....)
It has a multi cd player (working), cassette player (needing a bit of tlc), 2 amps (One Denon, one Samson), a slide out drawer (for a laptop I think) and an am/fm stereo tuner (working) all in a home built rack. I can give further details if necessary
So.... the thing is, I have to move and will not be able to keep the rack.
I wondered if anyone can see a use for it, and if so where would I go to try and sell it. I hasten to add I am not looking for loadsa money, I really would like it to go to a Denon-ophile
Posted in hope

Attachments

• Denon rack.jpg
    Denon rack.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 41

Jamie

Distinguished Member
The metal parts of the rack look like a repurposed server rack, the standard width is 19" with the height being expressed in "U" where a 1U rack will be 1.75" high and 2U 3.5" high, might be worth running a tape measure over it and if it is indeed a server rack, that could still be worth a few quid.

I'd suggest probably splitting the components, vintage hifi can still be quite popular so will still be worth something

to get an idea of value it can be worth doing an advanced search on ebay for the model numbers, in the advanced options tick the box for completed listings and check the listings for ones that actually sold.

bic the first

Novice Member
The metal parts of the rack look like a repurposed server rack, the standard width is 19" with the height being expressed in "U" where a 1U rack will be 1.75" high and 2U 3.5" high, might be worth running a tape measure over it and if it is indeed a server rack, that could still be worth a few quid.

I'd suggest probably splitting the components, vintage hifi can still be quite popular so will still be worth something

to get an idea of value it can be worth doing an advanced search on ebay for the model numbers, in the advanced options tick the box for completed listings and check the listings for ones that actually sold.

bic the first

Novice Member
Thanks for your idea re checking eBay, I did wonder about that but also hoped there might be a seller site that was more geared towards AV. Just been on there and am a bit swamped tbh. My Denon components seem very popular ...
The metal parts are a proper server rack, I was the one who didn't want an industrial look in the living room!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom