Advice on using 2 different STB's

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by JFK, May 20, 2002.

1. JFK

JFK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I'm currently with NTL digital and I am ending with them due to their stupidity.
    Taking up Sky digital and having it in my living room for the main TV, I was wondering, if I ran a line from the sky cable to a TV in the bedroom, would I be able to use my old NTL digibox with card, and be able to watch digital channels with only being subscribed to sky.
    This may seem to be a half cocked idea, but it would give a cheap way to have crystal clear pictures via scart to the TV, because using RF to the TV makes loud noise on top of sound and scart does'nt. This is due to my very old TV, plus the wife could watch her programs in the bedroom.
    many thanx.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Err, I really don't think that will work:)

The NTL digibox does not have a LNB input or the videoguard decoder needed to decode the FTV BBC/ITV1 etc channels.
    If the RF link from a SKY digibox doesn't give clear enough sound then maybe a wireless digisender device might be a better option.

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    err...Then won't they come and collect THEIR stb back off you and block any channels to your address?