• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice on upgrading

Hedonist2K

Standard Member
I have been lurking on here for a while but so far have been unable to garner enough information for an upgrade I am contemplating.
My current equipment is as follows:
Pioneer VSX-859 RDS AV Receiver
Panasonic DMR-EH60D DVD Player/ HDD
Kef Q35.2's, Q95c and Q85s 5:1 with M&K MX700 Sub

I was looking at the following receivers as possible upgrades.
Arcam AVR 350
Onkyo TS-XR 875
Denon AVR 3808

I was looking to match them up with Kef iQ5s, iQ6s & iQ8s and was looking for any pointers/ advice as I am not very experienced in this field and was mostly going from what is popular on this forum as there is nowhere near where I live to audition any of this equipment. I did look at the J&M Chorus speakers but they seem to suffer from poor sonic ability and I am also concerned with the adverse comments on the Onkyo re popping tweeters.
All help is much appreciated.:lease:

Hedonist2K

Standard Member
Anybody? :lease:

davepuma

Distinguished Member
If I remember rightly, the Arcam and Denon 3808 can't be bought mail order so you will need to visit a dealer anyway. If you're after particular information regarding whether the Kef iQ's would be a good match with those receivers, I suggest you demo and also do a search in the owner's forums. I've not heard Onkyo but I've heard iQ's setup with the older AVR300 and also Denon amps and they sounded good. I can't remember if I've heard the Focals are not but I did consider them a few years back when I was in Edinburgh.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom