1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice on upgrading my amp please

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by adam.philpott, May 9, 2005.

1. adam.philpott

adam.philpott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anyone please help, i'm really pleased with my current av set up, i'm running a pioneer 868avi dvd player into a pioneer 434HDE plasma but i'm now feeling that my amp is rather old, it an old VSA E08, although it still sounds really good i just get the feeling i could benefit from up gradeing...
    i really like pioneer ( always have from the days of laser disc ), and would probably like to stay using them,, can anyone tell me if the VSX AX5Ai would be much of an up grade, i dont have a big enough room to use 7.1 or a big enough bank account to buy the AX10.

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Yes that would do nicely and you could use the 2 rear channels to bi-amp your mains speakers assuming they have 2 sets of connections on the back :D

3. adam.philpott

adam.philpott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for that,,
    as it happens my front speakers are bi ampable so that good bit of news. :thumbsup: