Advice on upgrade

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by scarparoo, Jun 17, 2015.

1. scarparoo

scarparoo
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, I just upgraded my speakers to aria 906s. They are great...for modern music, for punk, rock, metal and anything well recorded.
    But, they are so detailed that listening to older music such as blues, jazz, folk and classical is really jarring on the ears after a moderate volume increase. I can hear all problems with recordings and it sounds all too clinical

Now, I have a marantz pm6005 which is not an expensive amp and I'm wondering whether an upgrade could help.

I'm also wondering whether I should spend some money on decent interconnects?

Where do you guys think I should start first?

Regards

2. stevos

stevos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +595
    From a google search, your talking £400 amp with £760 speakers.

If I remember correctly, for 2 channel you should pay roughly the same for speakers as amplification. So yeah you can get a lot more out of the speakers.

However it is a pretty well reviewed amp, so the difference might not be huge.

Interconnect wise, I would just buy a pair of reasonable ones, and I just mean not the bell cable ones that it came with. At this level, from my experience the difference in cables are tiny and can only really be heard doing an A/B

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015