Advice on upgrade please

den9112

Hi, i have been with sky for over 10 years with one break for about 6 months. I have the sky mix package £19.50, which i watch with a sky HD box i purchased myself last year, and paired the card with sky. Even though sky know i have a HD box can i get get i HD box upgrade (install) , which i presume will mean a new contract for 12 months where i will have to pay the extra £10 subs . Any advice on the best way to do this would be apreciated. Thanks

KevIW

If you only have 1 cable to your box you just need to get an installer to fit another LNB and cable then phone sky and subscribe to the HD mix.

KevIW

Doubt if you can

Broadz

Distinguished Member
can i get get i HD box upgrade (install)

Of course you can. Anybody can. Sky will sell you a HD box, install it, and charge you for the HD Pack on that box, regardless of what Sky equipment you do or don't already have. And they will install a quad LNB on your dish as well, if that is what is required.

What it will cost you is another matter - you will probably be treated the same as any other existing customer who wants to purchase a HD box.

I already have a Sky HD box and a Sky+ box - and if I wanted to I could phone Sky and order another Sky HD box. It might cost me an arm and a leg to do it, but I could do it if I wanted to. And, if I decided that I wanted to keep running the two other boxes as well, Sky would either upgrade my quad LNB to an octo or fit me a second Sky dish as well. Of course they will - they won't sell you a box that you can't then use.

Last edited:

Thanks , just wanted a bit of info before i made the call.

Yes. but don't forget to haggle

And if you don't get what you consider a good deal, decline (politely) and phone again at a different time of day and try a different operator

The latest video from AVForums

Philips OLED807 Review, The High Price of Hi-Fi, Video Processors plus AV / HiFi News & More
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom