Advice on updating current power amp and processor

B

brodie1

Hi, Looking for a little help.

I have a Parasound Power amp and a lexicon mc-1 processor i've been thinking of changing the kit for one of the onkyo amps and wondered what sort of comparison would they offer compared to my existing kit. I have recently built HTPC and im watching HD and would like to take benefit of the HD audio. I'm also wanting to keep the stereo audio quality as good as i'm currently getting if not better. Is this possible or am i going to have to keep what i have.

thanks in advance

You could upgrade the MC-1 with the 7.1 analogue input, that way you just use off-board decoding for HD audio (that's if BR/HD players decode and output that to the analogue outputs)

http://www.logic7.co.uk/page1/page1.html

I have a Lexicon MC-1 v4 too. Brilliant av pre-amp

Have you had this upgrade installed mate? The other thought i had was getting auzentech meridian sound card for HTPC just dont know how this would sound compared to mc-1.

thanks

If you're planning to use the "live" encoding on the soundcard, don't bother. Let the Lexicon do it (Logic 7, Logic Music, Music Surround) instead. Use a standard sc with digital out.

No I haven't had the 7.1 upgrade, no point until I get new HD formats, and if those do output to the 5.1, like the old DVD players with built-in DD/DTS decoders.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom