1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on Toshiba 36ZP48

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by swilt1, Feb 21, 2005.

1. swilt1

swilt1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I am after people's thoughts on the above TV. I am debating if to buy this one as I am also interested in LCD mainly as they are coming HDCP Compliant for when Sky use it. My main worry is that buying this TV I will be buying old technology?

Any thoughts? :lease:

2. SJGIL

SJGIL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi swilt1,

I have had one of these TVs for just over one week now and am totally impressed with its ability to deliver quality pictures on various sources. I tried a couple of plasma panels before and whilst they are good on DVD, I didn't find them to be great on normal TV as the quality on some channels were just not watchable.

The TV maybe old CRT Technology but in my view it is still the best all round performer for your money out there and now it has component input too pictures with a progressive scan DVD are stunning!

It will do me for the next 5 years and then I can see what High Def TV brings us!

Also worth noting is the PF3 design which means this 36" screen takes up the same kind of floor space than a typical 32" screen.

5 star product as far as I am concerned.