Advice on this laptop please

maf1970

Do you have any particular need for the dedicated graphics card ? e.g games etc.

LJx

It's decent but you are paying extra for the low power ultra book CPU and the laptop does not even look that slim, i saw this one on the front page Acer Aspire 5755G LX.RV402.018 the CPU is much better but the graphics are a lower spec, although it costs less. There are loads to choose from on that site I would look for one with a normal CPU that doesn't end in UM if you want more power. I saw a few on there. But the 640M does look to be a good graphics card to get

benny6812

Standard Member
LJx said:
It's decent but you are paying extra for the low power ultra book CPU and the laptop does not even look that slim, i saw this one on the front page Acer Aspire 5755G LX.RV402.018 the CPU is much better but the graphics are a lower spec, although it costs less. There are loads to choose from on that site I would look for one with a normal CPU that doesn't end in UM if you want more power. I saw a few on there. But the 640M does look to be a good graphics card to get
Hmmm. From what I know it's the gpu that is the bottleneck so having the latest gpu for what I think is a reasonable price is a good compromise? Unless there is a better equivalent?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom