1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on these two subs?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by DpM, Oct 2, 2003.

1. DpM

DpM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +795
    Anyone know anything about the two subs listed below?How good are they? Or can anyone point me in the direction of a review? I would like to get a sub and have seen these in the what hi-fi awards mag, I could buy one of these now or save for a few months and get somthing more expensive. The speakers I already have are Fronts = Kef Coda 9's, Centre = Kef Creasta and my Surounds = Eltax HT2 Bipolar. Oh and my reciver is a Marantz SR4200.

The subs in question are

Mordaunt Short MS907 @ £99.95 RRP= £229.95 from Richer Sounds

Or

Kef PSW1000 @ £99.99 RRP= £249.99 from Hyperfi

Thanks

DpM

2. ShinObiWAN

ShinObiWAN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't heard the Kef PSW1000 before but I've got 2 Morduant Short's MS907 which I use with my main stereo speakers and am perfectly happy with the sound I get.

They aren't really suited to the role of LFE but for some extra grunt on your main speakers they would be worthwhile. I'd suggest you pick up a second hand Rel Q100e for LFE which can be had now for around £350-400 tops.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Personally I wouldn't buy either one as a poor subwoofer will have a more detrimental effect on your whole system that anything else.