Advice on testing replacement OLED panel

lordlucann

My trusty LG B6 OLED tv is having its panel replacing after a random vertical line appeared on the screen. Given my old panel was pretty damn good for four and a half years, with no screen burn in or other issues, I’m a little paranoid over the replacement not being to par (I’m amazed they can find a new panel for it given the age of the model but LG are apparently hooking up the warranty provider). Before I sign for its return are there any tests I should be running to make sure the screen is nice and uniform with no banding or other problems? Any advice would be great as I want to give it a detailed / pedantic test before I accept it, given I only have until November 2021 left on my original five year warranty.

Last edited:

MultiRoom

Watch it like you normally would, put at least 20 hours on it, then run a few slides if you like. Let your eyes decide when watching varied content. Might be an idea to take a picture of the 5% grey on the old panel to compare with the 5% on the new just in case you need to present any issues if you're not satisfied.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom