• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Question Advice on Subwoofer choice

ellis23

Hi all

I am in search for a new subwoofer and need help to choose between SVS SB1000 , SVS PB1000 and BK XXLS400DF subs.

They all in same price bracket around £500 .

My room is 6m x 3.5m . Listening position 4metres away . I am gona be using it for home theater and music .

I am leaning towards Bk my self but AB class amp puts me off a bit .

I am not too keen on SVS PB1000 because of the size (its huge), but thinking that SB1000 would not give me the thump that PB has .

Thx for advice in advance.

Kev Greenhalgh

"AB class amp puts me off a bit"

smh.....

Last edited:

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
You forgot the XTZ 10.17 / 12.17. 500w rms Class-D amp, ported design -> digs down to 20hz. Port bung tweaks, eq options to change the sound. Size wise quite nice too. 3 colours to choose from.

There is french review where this model was very comparable to SVS PB1000. Priced at 500£. Demoing can be done at Jag`s place.

XTZ 10.17 Subwoofer
XTZ 12.17 Subwoofer

I would definitely add these to your list.

Edit. Here is the summarison of the french review; http://www.xtz.se/files/reviews/sub-10-17/sub-10-17_5190738_File2.pdf

Couple more; SUB 10.17 Review - Subwoofers

ellis23

Thank you for your reply and sugestion Gasp . After reading loads of reviews about XTZ subs im seriously thinking about buying 10.17 . It fits my price tag and size is good too . Hmm ..... desicions ......

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom