Advice on speakers or sound bar for HT setup

smugdessert2013

Novice Member
Hello,

I recently finished putting together my stereo system, and now I am looking into one for my HT and gaming.

I have a lot of consoles, all 6 HDMI ports (PSC, PS3, PS4, PS5, X360, XSX) on my Denon AVR-X1700H used, plus 3 ports in my LG G1 (PC, Blu-ray player, and the Denon).

I have a separate Stereo system for music listening, and my Denon does not have a HT bypass anyway, so I cannot use my speakers as fronts, and I also do not want my stereo amp to always be on while watching TV for example.

I was thinking of buying the Sony HT-A7000 + speakers and sub, to use it for movies and games, but I am not sure about it, I never had a sound bar and I have read a lot of articles on why not to buy one.

My question is, what would you recommend buying instead of the Sony?

password1

Distinguished Member
Acoustic Energy Aego p5 or equivalent type system. Basically an all in one surround system with everything built in so no need to have a separate amp.

Pound for pound, fake / virtual surround sound is never as good as the real thing.

A Beresford switch will solve the issue of no HT bypass.

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Why would you change from a avr to a soundbar?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
A Soundbar is going to leave you very short on HDMI Inputs vs the AVR.

As @password1 suggests a Beresford Amplifier Switch will allow you to share the Front LR loudspeakers between your Stereo amp and your AVR.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom