1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on Speakers - Mordaunt Genie

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by madunphy, Feb 11, 2005.

1. madunphy

madunphy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking to switch to a sat/sub speaker setup to go with my Arcam ARV200/DV88 combination. probably go with the genie setup based on the reviews/comments here...

Do people think this will be a good combination? Would amp be too strong for the speakers. Also what type of cable should I use to connect the speaker to the ARV200? The Speakers will be wall mounted and I'd say initially I wont be taking up skirting boards etc... so I think the Cat 5 is initially out. Would ordinary mains cable suffice, Would it cause any loss of the output from the ARv200? I don't want anything too thick as I imagine I will be stapling then to said boards.

Thanks from a novice

Mike

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    :hiya: And welcome to the forums :smashin:

I would imagine the genies would sing beautifully with the avr200 you have. You could start by using the mains cable with them and see what it all sounds like. You should have no problems with loss of output or anything like that as it will only be doing what ordinary speaker cable usually does.

Good deal on the genies at www.petertyson.co.uk :thumbsup: