1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice On Speakers And Subwoofers

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by keith cumbria, Feb 14, 2002.

1. keith cumbria

keith cumbria

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IVE BOUGHT A TOSHIBA 42WH18B TV AND THINKING OF OMMPH ING IT UP IM FANCYING A DENON 2802 AMPLIFIER/RECEIVER BUT DONT KNOW WHICH SPEAKERS AND SUB TO USE AS ANYWHERE YOU PHONE PEOPLE TELL YOU DIFFERENT AS TO WHAT THEY SELL

CONSIDERING
    KEF 2005 (EGGS)

MORDAUNT SHORT PREMIER SPEAKERS BUT RICHER SOUNDS WILL UPGRADE IT TO A MSW20 100 ACTIVE SUB
    OR KEF PSW 1000 SUB

HI FI JUNKIES RECOMEND

MISSON FRONT M72

MISSON CENTER M7C1

MISSON REAR M7DS

CANT GET A MISSON DEMO LOCALLY SO CAN YOU GUYS USING THE GEAR SHED SOME ADVICE UPTO CUMBRIA PLEASE

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Can recommend the Mission setup (M73's might be more suitable than the M72's if you have th space), but would advise listening to them somehow. The Eggs are very well liked around here. Do a search, there's loads on the boards.

PS. You'll get told off for using all-caps... for some reason it's considered shouting (one of the weirdest assumptions I've ever come across on the net is this uppercase-shouting crap). Please turn down the volume of your written text :confused:

3. keith cumbria

keith cumbria

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your quick response ,Point taken on the caps but back to the speakers i dont have much info on the missons as i was thinking kef or bose but will look into it

I want to wall mount my speakers as my room is 30ft *11ft and the tv takes up a good corner with a door and walkway on the other side

4. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Take a look on the Mission website for more info.

5. keith cumbria

keith cumbria

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a quick look on misson site but think m73 s would take to much space need to get them onto wall brackets so whats your full recomendations and ill have to find a demo or da ya think theres better for the money ?

6. keith cumbria

keith cumbria

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks folks but going to buy either the kef eggs or b=w lesiure monitors

how do you close a thread please someone