advice on sound system for a 01 corsa

awhir12

Standard Member
hey , I currently have all stock speakers with this headunit.Im looking to add new speakers/amp/sub to the car . Would the headunit i currently have be adequate for this system ?
how much would an allright set up cost ?
has anyone any experience doing this in a 01 model corsa ?

I'm new too all this so i dont really know much about it , if its possible i would try and install the system myself .

Boro22

any decent setup will cost as much as the car.?

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
The standard upgrade for a 2001 Corsa is as follows:

Violently coloured speakers badly fitted into larger holes gouged into the doors and original and now sagging parcel shelf.

Head unit wedged into dash with 6" screws

Random selection of amps nailed through the boot floor into the fuel tank.

Wiring made up from old electrical cable routed visibly along floor of car and roughly taped in place over the carpet.

Windows should be fixed down and all visible surfaces covered in plastic carbon fibre effect stick on patches.

Some scuffed alloys, half a body kit and dodgy headlamp replacements should complete the picture :)

But seriously, a small car with small engine and alternator only really justifys a modest upgrade. Alpine speakers well sealed into the existing holes, a new heavy and possibly fixed parcel shelf with a pair of 6x9s and a 12" sub in the boot, all driven from 1 x 4 channel & 1 x mono bloc amp system will provide a massive improvement.

awhir12

Standard Member
But seriously, a small car with small engine and alternator only really justifys a modest upgrade. Alpine speakers well sealed into the existing holes, a new heavy and possibly fixed parcel shelf with a pair of 6x9s and a 12" sub in the boot, all driven from 1 x 4 channel & 1 x mono bloc amp system will provide a massive improvement.

thanks for the reply noiseboy .just to let you know im not a boy racer , i just like good sounding music :D. What site would you recommend me to get the parts from ? i live in Ireland but don't mind buying form Europe or the UK .Is it hard to get a fixed parcel shelf for these cars as it would be a big package to get shipped. How much do think all this would set me back and is the head unit compatible with this set up ?

cheers

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Sorry, can't help on the supply side. I have had company cars for too many years! The parcel shelf you could make yourself from a piece of 18mm MDF, using the existing shelf as a template. Halfrauds will sell everything, but an online retailer will be cheaper without doubt.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom