Advice on set up needed

speed1972

Standard Member
In around a month i plan on setting up my system in the living room. I have a good idea what i am going to purchase but thought i would post on here first to get suggestions as to whether there are any better products now on the market. I did all my research as to what system i was going to get around a year ago so there may now be new models out etc.

Any help would be appreciated, the components i am thinking of are :

50” plasma TV - Pioneer PDP 506XDE
6.1 AV Amplifier - Denon AVR-2807 (2805) - I now only need a 5.1 amp so suggestions would be handy
DVD player / recorder - Sony RDR-HXD910 - doesn't now need to be a recorder as i will have Hd Sky +
Remote control - Logitech Harmony 895RF/IR
Front speakers - Anthony Gallo – 3 x Duo
Rear speakers - Anthony Gallo – 3 x A’ Diva
Sub / bass speaker - Anthony Gallo – TR2

inzaman

Moved to general hc as opposed to DIY.

Timbo21

In around a month i plan on setting up my system in the living room. I have a good idea what i am going to purchase but thought i would post on here first to get suggestions as to whether there are any better products now on the market. I did all my research as to what system i was going to get around a year ago so there may now be new models out etc.

Any help would be appreciated, the components i am thinking of are :

50” plasma TV - Pioneer PDP 506XDE
6.1 AV Amplifier - Denon AVR-2807 (2805) - I now only need a 5.1 amp so suggestions would be handy
DVD player / recorder - Sony RDR-HXD910 - doesn't now need to be a recorder as i will have Hd Sky +
Remote control - Logitech Harmony 895RF/IR
Front speakers - Anthony Gallo – 3 x Duo
Rear speakers - Anthony Gallo – 3 x A’ Diva
Sub / bass speaker - Anthony Gallo – TR2

A year is a hell of a long time in AV, so I would basically start again. Pioneer are still about the best plasmas, so I would check on the best for your buget right now from the Pioneer range. Things like the Sony HXD910 may not be available any more. There is a Harmony 1000, I think it is, out now, as well as the 895. I would definitely get a receiver that can handle HDMI version 1.1 audio, which enables it to handle hi res LPCM surround sound from Blu-ray/HD DVD, if you can afford to. Don't know anything about Anthony Gallo speakers really.

I think the Pioneer PDP 506XDE was replaced with the 507XD, which has now been replaced with the 508XD!

HTH,

T.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom