Advice on set up needed

speed1972

Standard Member
In around a month i plan on setting up my system in the living room. I have a good idea what i am going to purchase but thought i would post on here first to get suggestions as to whether there are any better products now on the market. I did all my research as to what system i was going to get around a year ago so there may now be new models out etc.

Any help would be appreciated, the components i am thinking of are :

50” plasma TV - Pioneer PDP 506XDE
6.1 AV Amplifier - Denon AVR-2807 (2805) - I now only need a 5.1 amp so suggestions would be handy
DVD player / recorder - Sony RDR-HXD910 - doesn't now need to be a recorder as i will have Hd Sky +
Remote control - Logitech Harmony 895RF/IR
Front speakers - Anthony Gallo – 3 x Duo
Rear speakers - Anthony Gallo – 3 x A’ Diva
Sub / bass speaker - Anthony Gallo – TR2

inzaman

Moved to general hc as opposed to DIY.

Timbo21

In around a month i plan on setting up my system in the living room. I have a good idea what i am going to purchase but thought i would post on here first to get suggestions as to whether there are any better products now on the market. I did all my research as to what system i was going to get around a year ago so there may now be new models out etc.

Any help would be appreciated, the components i am thinking of are :

50” plasma TV - Pioneer PDP 506XDE
6.1 AV Amplifier - Denon AVR-2807 (2805) - I now only need a 5.1 amp so suggestions would be handy
DVD player / recorder - Sony RDR-HXD910 - doesn't now need to be a recorder as i will have Hd Sky +
Remote control - Logitech Harmony 895RF/IR
Front speakers - Anthony Gallo – 3 x Duo
Rear speakers - Anthony Gallo – 3 x A’ Diva
Sub / bass speaker - Anthony Gallo – TR2

A year is a hell of a long time in AV, so I would basically start again. Pioneer are still about the best plasmas, so I would check on the best for your buget right now from the Pioneer range. Things like the Sony HXD910 may not be available any more. There is a Harmony 1000, I think it is, out now, as well as the 895. I would definitely get a receiver that can handle HDMI version 1.1 audio, which enables it to handle hi res LPCM surround sound from Blu-ray/HD DVD, if you can afford to. Don't know anything about Anthony Gallo speakers really.

I think the Pioneer PDP 506XDE was replaced with the 507XD, which has now been replaced with the 508XD!

HTH,

T.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom