Advice on selling a few lenses

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Jay_N, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Jay_N

Jay_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all,
    Just after a quick bit of advice on selling a couple of lenses.
    They are Canon EF 55-200 USM II and a Tamron 70-300f4-5.6 LD Macro with hood.
    I still have the boxes and the Tamron has a UV filter on it.
    Both the lenes are about 3 months old the Canon one has been used twice. How much do we think they are worth and how good is the trading board here, or, do I go the eBay route?
    Thanks in advance
    J

2. barongreenback

barongreenback

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I've sold 3 lenses on ebay now and I've been very happy with the prices I got for them and the ease of the selling process. If you do go that route just remember to make sure you have your postage sorted out (I wouldn't post a lens without some sort of insurance)

3. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    J - I'd try here first - I sold three lenses on here with no problems & have bought two, again with no problems :smashin: - That was all in the last few weeks to boot plus you don't have all the Ebay charges etc - Worth noting the Mods will get the hump if you post here that you are selling anything as all sales must be in the Non-AV Sales Forum (which is fair enough)
    Another good thing to BIM is if you post what you are after in the Non-AV Sales Forum someone might be thinking about an upgrade & you'll get a good deal on something you're after (as per my latest lens buy)
    Good luck - Paul ;)