Advice on Samsung's The Frame TV

zabba

Standard Member
The frame is bad value for money even at larger sizes btw, you pay extra for the aesthetics and connectivity.

I completely understand your comments that people should not spend more than £200ish on a 32" tv from a screen and function perspective, but a cheap plasticky 8cm deep TV is going to look naff on the wall once you add a wall bracket pushing it further out. So there is definitely value in paying more for the aesthetics of the Frame, it's just a shame it offers no improvement in picture. I noticed that even the latest Sony 32" is much thicker tham the models it replaced, very frustrating for those that want a good quality slim TV.

I've gone ahead and ordered the Frame and will feed back with my comments, it only needs to have an ok picture for it's purpose, and in a bright kitchen where wider viewing angles will be useful it may be ok, while looking aesthetically good ( assuming I can get the cables hidden). Fingers crossed, because there is no other viable alternative from the look of it.

Chippy99

I completely understand your comments that people should not spend more than £200ish on a 32" tv from a screen and function perspective, but a cheap plasticky 8cm deep TV is going to look naff on the wall once you add a wall bracket pushing it further out. So there is definitely value in paying more for the aesthetics of the Frame, it's just a shame it offers no improvement in picture. I noticed that even the latest Sony 32" is much thicker tham the models it replaced, very frustrating for those that want a good quality slim TV.

I've gone ahead and ordered the Frame and will feed back with my comments, it only needs to have an ok picture for it's purpose, and in a bright kitchen where wider viewing angles will be useful it may be ok, while looking aesthetically good ( assuming I can get the cables hidden). Fingers crossed, because there is no other viable alternative from the look of it.
Please do report back with your findings.

I am in a similar boat to you in that I want a small TV that I can wall mount and which looks neat on the wall. So there are few choices (understatement!) I could be persuaded to try another Frame to see if it's any better. Or even try a 2020 model whilst they still exist - although paying full price for a discontinued model from last year is not particularly appealing.

Last edited:

zabba

Standard Member
Please do report back with your findings.

I am in a similar boat to you in that I want a small TV that I can wall mount and which looks neat on the wall. So there are few choices (understatement!) I could be persuaded to try another Frame to see if it's any better. Or even try a 2020 model whilst they still exist - although paying full price for a discontinued model from last year is not particularly appealing.

Will do, the kitchen isn't ready for it yet so will set up initially in a bedroom and report back, and see how it copes in the dark for me. I have an LG OLED and Sony full-array LED elsewhere in the house, and don't need picture quality like they can deliver in the kitchen, but a decent useable picture is still important.

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
You’ve probably done your research but the 2020 model a lot thicker and has less internal memory for storing art iirc. Whilst it’s expensive and not one for the purists out there, I’m really happy with mine, more importantly so is the Mrs. Works really well in a bright kitchen.

Re the 32inch model, I’m sure I read you don’t get a one connect box? Definitely read the picture is inferior so I’d try another size if you can.

D87279B4-0B8F-4868-97DF-71F246A5B48B.jpeg

C6474EB3-DF33-4B50-82AF-15AC2D07EDE9.jpeg

Dodgexander

Oh I understand why people buy it for aesthetics, but I don't see much value nowadays in any TVs with sub-standard HDR hardware. They are fine for normal TV watching and for SDR though. Nowadays most people want to buy a TV for streaming and the latest and greatest quality sources from streaming services etc, so a lot of the time the Frame is put up against TVs of much, much better picture quality for these purposes...so it comes short.

Ideally they would give up with hiding specs of them, and also offer frame models of higher end TVs. The frame maxes out with the Q70T with picture quality. Samsung have the Q80T, Q85T and Q90T/Q95T all with better picture quality, the latter two with better anti glare filters which would also suit the frame in certain situations.

horse39

Standard Member
I was looking at the 43" the frame also, but on doing some research I think the 32" is only HD and not 4K while it seems that the 43 & 50 are paired back versions of the 55 & 65 inch. The 43 & 50 dont have HDMI 2.1 NOR 120Hz

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom