• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Advice on room light reflections

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
I have been looking at improving my room regarding light:

I want to keep the look of the room as liveable as possible. Although this is a decdicated room the previous dark blue on all walls was too much to live with as the room is visible from the Kitchen and dining room and just looked too depressing !

So far I have no screen and grey painted wall for the screen (I am awaiting Carada 134" screen) the room is 20' by 13.5' by 9.25' high. I have painted the ceiling center light blue and the back above the dado rail dark blue/black and roll out 3.5m of black velvet on the floor on top of the rug for with film. I will be making up 1m by 2.25m side pieces of velvet covered board to flank the walls above the dado either side of the screen coming back into the room.

When viewing it seems that the most light is showing up on these side walls and the lighter blue colour below the screen and dado rail looks dark whilst playing a film. Any views on the most likely 'best value' black out areas in my room to focus on without paintng it all very dark again !. PJ is mounted 16' back from the screen on the ceiling. :cool:

Please see the following thread for pictures

http://www.avforums.com/forums/dlp-lcd-d-ila-projectors/840901-jvc-hd-100-focus-adjustment.html

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
The room is getting better the more I paint........

I have two side pieces being made up that will velcro to either side of the screen coming 1m into the room on the LH and RH side from the cornice to the floor. I am just wondering if I paint the ceiling a shade darker it will benefit the in room black leve and contrast.

The pictures make the room loom a little too glitzy, in real life it's less glamorous and more comfortable ! Flash is cruel :(

Attachments

• R0010374_2.jpg
    R0010374_2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 41
  • R0010377.jpg
    R0010377.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 51

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom