1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on replacing digibox

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by bk8, Jun 28, 2005.

1. bk8

bk8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi everyone

I have an original Pace black digibox from when Sky first went digital and it's started locking up, missing channels and having picture problems. A reset will fix it for a while but I was really looking at replacing it.

I don't have Sky+ and probably won't be able to get it as I live in a flat with a communal dish. I will probably be moving to a house within the next 3 years and would get Sky+ then.

Would I be able to replace my digibox with a Sky+ box and use it as normal a normal digibox without the Sky+ features? I'm just examining all options but think the cost is a bit prohibitive and the box might be obsolete by the time I do get Sky+.

Are there any opinions on what non-Sky+ digibox I should get? I've read recommendations for the latest Pace but which model is that?

I've had a look at simplydigital http://www.simplydigital.co.uk/acatalog/Sky_Digital_Receivers.html and I'm a bit confused by what they offer:
    1. Freeview satellite receiver and viewing card. Pace DS430N Sky Digital Receiver, Freesat Card (sent seperatley), no installation/dish/LNB
    2. Pace DS430N Sky Digibox. Unsubsubsidised Sky Digibox. No subscription required.

What's the difference between these 2 boxes as they both have the same model number but different price?

And lastly can anyone recommend any places selling replacement digiboxes?

Thanks and I really do appreciate any help you can give me!

2. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    Just order the DS-430N at £98.75 It's the cheaper option (obviously) and you don't have to use the 'Freesat' card. In fact, you could sell it on and claw a few quid back.... :cool:

A. Dork