1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on "refurbished" 42pw33

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by slackbladder, Jun 7, 2004.

1. slackbladder

slackbladder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi.

I have a problem. Let me explain.
    Around a month ago I bought a Toshiba RP tv from my local high street retailer believing it was a new 100hz model as said on the price display.
    However once it had been delivered and after a few hours playing around I found that it was 50hz only. I had to wait until the Tuesday after Bank Holiday Monday to contact the store (it was delivered on the Saturday). They accepted that it had been a mistake and offered me three options;
    1. take a different RPTV instead. The option was a 40" Thomson which I dismissed.
    2. Have £200 refunded. Again dismissed.
    3. Keep the 42PW33 (as it was) and wait 4 to 6 weeks for the correct Toshiba 100hz RPTV as replacement. (they had none in stock)
    I accepted the last offer. (Of course, I could of had my money back as well but I was happy with the third offer).It's been nearly 5 weeks and no sign. Added to this is the realisation that the TV I expected as replacement (the 42WH36) is no longer available.
    I then discover that the shop were waiting for a "refurbished" RPTV as replacement though I am certain the 42PW33 I have was new as there is no sticker saying this and I were not told.
    The question is what can I do now? I'm tired of waiting. Is getting a full refund the best I can hope for now?
    If anyone has any advice I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks in advance!

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    What was the original deal on offer i.e. was the set new or refurb ? If it was new than it would be unreasonable to expect you to accept a refurb replacment. Request the retailer supplies the set which you entered into a contract for as a matter of urgency. I may be tempted to ask one of the sales staff prior to raising this with them how long expected delivery times are on the set you are looking at so you then have a rule of thumb timescale in which to expect a replacement.

3. slackbladder

slackbladder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi!

Thanks for the reply.
    I am certain I was not told nor were there any sign that it was a refurbished model. I bought it believing it was new. There was no sticker on the TV either to say it was a refurb model.
    As it stands I have no idea when the replacement is due and I have been waiting for nearly 5 weeks though I had agreed to wait up to 6 for a replacement.
    I can understand a delay in waiting for a refurb to come into stock but if it were new or at least bought by myself believing it was new should'nt the shop supply me with a new TV as replacement?
    Any info is welcome!

Thanks again!