1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on Quintro setup issue

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by snakeeater, May 30, 2004.

1. snakeeater

snakeeater
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay this is mainly directed at any fellow Quintro owners.

I recently purchased a Panasonic 42" plasma TV. With this I had a Quintro scart switcher. I have a slight problem which I hope some of you guys can advise me on.

It has 5 scart sockets on the back. I have nothing plugged into 'scart 1' as this seems to be a low quality scart socket which delivers a fuzzy picture. In scarts 2, 3, and 4 I have an xbox, Sky, and DVD player which are all fine.

the problem is that I want to connect my Playstation 2 to 'scart 5', however when I do this is is not detected and cannot be selected by using the quintro remote as ther tv just reports 'no signal'. I cant use 'scart 1' because it delivers a fuzzy picture. So in my case I only really have 3 scart sockets on the back of the quintro that seem to be of any use.

Is there any reason why 'scart 5' seems to be redundant and is 'scart 1' of a lower quality or do I have a problem with that particular socket.

I know I could connect the PS2 directly to the Plasma via a different connection method but I want to minimise the amount of cables I have running to the screen.

Any advice would be very much appreciated :smashin:

2. snakeeater

snakeeater
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am I the only Quintro owner here?

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    snakeeater

How is the Quintro attached to your Panasonic Plasma?

If you bypass the Quintro does your PS2 work if you hook it directly to the Input the Quintro normally lives on at the Plasma?

Best regards

Joe