Question Advice on projector screen in awkward room

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jonnyowl, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Jonnyowl

Jonnyowl
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I've finally got around to doing out our spare room and want to install a projector and screen in there after the joinery, flooring and decorating work is complete.

See picture for how it looks currently:

[​IMG]

Due to the shape of the room the only option is to have the screen in front of the window/door in the picture.

What's baffling me though is how I can go about installing a screen. Due to the lack of electricity to the screen, and to keep costs down, I was thinking of going for a manual pull down screen attached to the wall above the window/door (which would need to still allow clearance for the door to open inwardly.)
    However, due to a sloping ceiling there is very little clearance on the wall above the window (30mm at its thinnest part).

I want the screen to go above the window sill for maximum size which would give dimensions of 1900mm x 1130mm but due to the awkwardness of the room I can't for the life of me work out how I'd go about attaching it. For the record I don't think ceiling recessed is an option as there is no space behind the plasterboard (just joists, thermal insulation and roof tiles).

So that's why I'm throwing this out to you guys, in the hope that someone may have some experience of this and can re-light my dream!

Thank you for reading
    Jonny

2. Shimrod

Shimrod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    Do you mean something like this: Eyeline Design - Extension Brackets

These brackets hold the screen away from the wall - looking at the size of the bracket, you would probably need to fast 12-18" in for them to get the vertical height. When I was researching screens, most could be wall or ceiling mounted, and extension brackets seemed to be an option.

3. Orkond

Orkond
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe just get a ceiling mounted screen (like the VonHaus 78-Inch Projector Screen from Amazon for instance) and use cables to hang it from the ceiling with hooks instead of fixing it in place. This way you can remove it so you can open the door or even set it up in such a way that you can pull the right side of the screen over the door and tie the cable around something so it stays in place and release it when you want to use it again.

4. Aizen06

Aizen06
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would say, you can get a framed screen or make one your self and just place some sturdy wall hangers right above your door and window area of the wall to hang the screen. You can maybe place a clip on the ceiling based on the screen height to clip the screen by flipping it upwards and clipping it on it to use your door and window. The same can be done for a roll down screen as well.

I personally wouldn't attempt to work out a ceiling mount solution for such off angled ceiling.
    It's better to just hang it on the wall imo.