Advice on potential B&W 5.1 Surround Sound Setup

I could wall mount the speakers but I thought they would be better on stands. Could the sub go next to the TV unit on the left and then the left bookshelf speaker on a stand next to it?

I think I'll stick with q series. Don't want to over stretch.

It's so difficult trying to get the most optimal setup at home.

Yep i meant on-wall models then, but that may not be required. You don`t really have many options for the sub so. Arendal sells direct through site, Norway based company. 31,5cm width but there is recommendation that one would leave about 10cm space to next object from the side firing driver. But i have seen less too. Actually now noticed PB1000 Pro has 38cm width so i don´t think it really matters then as it should fit, right? You should get the SVS for 575£ with discount.

There is always something better out there when you open your wallet, but it seems the Q range can make very enjoyable movie system.

I think I can make it fit. Where is the discount to get the pb Pro for 575?

@Tom @ Cinehome should give you AVForums member discount! Give him a call or if he sees this then he can PM you. The company is forum advertiser.

Oh and forgot to post the PB1000 Pro review if you haven´t read much from it yet.

Oh and forgot to post the PB1000 Pro review if you haven´t read much from it yet.
Thanks bud. I've pm'd you regarding forum discount

One more thing. Do you think the Denon 3700 is good enough for 2.1 or 2.0 music? People seem to suggest that AV Recivers are decent now and that it's a wives take you need a separate stereo amp.

I’d pick marantz over denon any day.
Same company but different sound signatures and performance. Denon has been my worst sounding receiver I’ve had the pleasure of playing with at home.

either will sound amazing tho for dedicated route

One more thing. Do you think the Denon 3700 is good enough for 2.1 or 2.0 music? People seem to suggest that AV Recivers are decent now and that it's a wives take you need a separate stereo amp.

Depends who you ask. We don´t see this type of Denon "bashing" in US forums or in reviews. :) From engineering point of view Denon is more transparent with less noise and distortion. Marantz uses slow roll-off in DAC which likely have effect why it sounds bit different and also have the HDAM which actually makes it objectively measure little worse but hey hou some love tube amps too, others believe that amp should be as transparent as possible and not add any extra warmth or what ever fancy words people use. The only thing for me not selecting Marantz could be that small fish hole front display which doesn´t give enough information. But the owners doesn´t seem to be bothered with it. If you are worried then pick the Marantz for peace of mind. It looks to be cheaper than Denon too which is quite crazy, as usually it´s opposite!

PS. If you buy Denon or Marantz from AVO you only get the 2year warranty to my knowledge. PT and RS gives you 5/6 years which for me would be important to give peace of mind. You never know with todays receivers as they run quite hot and are packed full.

Denon and marantz sound the exact same. All these people bashing Denon saying they are poor for music don't have a clue what they are talking about. Change my mind.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom