Question Advice on portable cassette player

crazyshady

Established Member
Reaction score
I got a portable cassette player to play my old cassettes on but the sound quality is not great and the volume is not very loud. I stopped using cassettes tape to record from in 2006 but I still bought tapes to play on my tape deck. I don't remember the portable players I had in the past, I know I had a Sony Walkman at one point but the rest were a Sony dictaphone which played tapes and others which were silver in colour, I can't remember the makers but apart from the dictaphone some were great quality. Some of the tapes I made were very high quality, straight from radio and CDS and the sound was great and the volume was great but I just can't remember much about them. They all had radios. I think one might have been Panasonic.

I've had a look on Ebay and they're not cheap are they? You can get some Walkmans for under £10 but I just want a good quality player that has a good quality radio in it too. My Dad also wants to listen to his old tapes with headphones so I want to get one for him too but I don't know what to get. Some of these second hand ones going cheap look very old. I don't see Dolby logos on any of them.

I had one just like this but it wasn't this colour in fact I might have been a standard design they used. I'm sure that had good sound on it but I can't be sure. Why do they not make them anymore?

Sony Walkman Personal Cassette Player MEGA BASS- working | eBay

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Why not buy a decent cassette deck and convert to FLAC/MP3 on to your PC and buy a digital portable instead?

This way you will be able to play your old cassettes and listen to new digital music too.

HB

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom