1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice On Plasmas Please

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by SDG, Jan 18, 2005.

1. SDG

SDG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I Have Just Brought A Philips 37pf9946from Richer Sounds, And The Picture Is Crap ! I Have Been Told That It's Called Shimmering ? I Tried A New Scart Lead And The Picture Is Still Crap ! So I Rang The Shop And They Have Told Me That If I'm Not Happy I Can Change It. So I Thought I Might Change It For Either The Panasonic Th37pw7 (which Is What I Wanted To Buy But Was Talked Out Of It By The Salesman) Or A Hitach 32pd5200. Can Anyone Give Me Some Good Advice ?
    Ps. Will These Screens Also Have Shimmering On The Picture ?

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The panasonic will not, you know that model is a panel only, no speakers or tuner? If you've got digital TV it will be great, 5.1 sound is the way to go. try a search for 'panasonic connection' or variations on the theme, it has a modular board system for connectivity. I prefer the panasonic to the Philips or Hitachi, which share the same panel technology. I see the shimmering, it drives me nuts. Some don't, and consider these screens to be the best thing since sliced bread.

3. SDG

SDG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks For The Help Maw! I Know It's Only A Panel, But If It's A Good, No Shimmering Picture It's Worth Paying The Price For All The Extras.
    I'm Running The Signal Through Sky. I Understand That I Need To Buy A Scart Terminal They Want 150 At Rs For One Is That About Right ? Also 150 For Wall Bracket ? As For A 5.1 Does It Connect Straight To The Panel Or The Sky Box ? (as You Can Tell A Bit Of A Novice When It Comes To Plasmas)

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  5. SDG

SDG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    THANKS FOR THE ADVICE ! :D TOOK THE PHILIPS BACK TO RS AND CHANGED IT FOR THE PANNY TH37PW7 (42 TO BIG) EXCELLENT PICTURE 10X BETTER ! :thumbsup: