Advice on Pioneer VSX-1016V-S

Jay_N

Novice Member
Hi all,
After having a small brain storm and taking advice from a sales bod in Currys (I am sure there are a few that know what they are on about) I have returned a DCS-360 as not fit for the purpose etc, etc. I am now looking at the device in the subject line.
I have a very basic setup Pionner PDP-506 screen, Sky HD and a XBOX360, I want to link them all in to a box so I can start to experience that great sound that these offer.

Am I right in thinking that I can plug the XBOX (via component) and SKY HD(via HDMI) into this device and the just have one HDMI input in to the media centre of the PDP-506(XDE I think), plus of course the silver goes with the media centre:thumbsup:

One other point, I really liked the speaker set that came with the DCS-360 but cannot seem to get the model numbers for them.

Any other advice would be greatfully taken.
Thanks
Jason

DNWILLIAMS

Novice Member
The 1016 won't upswitch your component input to HDMI the 2016 will, or alternativley you could use a 1016 and connect all items via component and feed component to the media box on your display then let the media box upswitch it all to a digital input.

Jay_N

Novice Member
The 1016 won't upswitch your component input to HDMI the 2016 will, or alternativley you could use a 1016 and connect all items via component and feed component to the media box on your display then let the media box upswitch it all to a digital input.
Thanks for this, so if I read you right, I connect both SKY HD and XBOX 360 (XBOX 360 is already component out i think) via component and then just have one lead (HDMI) out of the A/V rec. or would there be two HDMI leads out going to two HDMI inputs on the PDP media centre.
Thanks again.
J

DNWILLIAMS

Novice Member
Thanks for this, so if I read you right, I connect both SKY HD and XBOX 360 (XBOX 360 is already component out i think) via component and then just have one lead (HDMI) out of the A/V rec. or would there be two HDMI leads out going to two HDMI inputs on the PDP media centre.
Thanks again.
J
With the 1016 you would need to input both your sky HD and your Xbox 360 via component and then output component to your media box on your display. The 1016 can't upswitch analogue inputs to digital outputs so if you output HDMI but input component you won't get any picture if you really want to input both analogue and digital and output digital (HDMI) then you'd need the 2016, but if your media box has a component input use the 1016 and keep everything component.
Best of luck

Bada Bing

Novice Member
Yeah, if you feed the 1016 both HDMI and Component you will need to output both to your TV, one can't be converted to the other by the amp. I just opted to feed the amp with component from Sky HD so I didn't have to tear my wall apart and bury an HDMI. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more
Top Bottom