Advice on photography website

Ok I have been asked by my uncle to make a website for him to display his photography so people can view and buy it.

I would like your advice on how it should look, since if the customer doesn't like the site, chances are they won't buy from it.
I have made a mock-up of the site with a couple of photos on it, could you have a look and give me some feedback, this is just a quick mock up. (Flowers)

Do you like the design?
Would it appeal to you (not the photos the website)?
Are the photos loading fast?
I have designed it to be a fluid design, scalable down to 1024x768, does it work on a screen that resolution?

Is anyone here versed in PHP?
When you use include files should I keep the body opening and closing tags? when I do it seems to muck up the whole page, currently I am just putting the code straight into a php file and using <?php include("../includes/leftnav.php"); ?> for example for the left navigation.

This is a great help to me!

Pirate!!

Banned
Ahoy!

Ready made free of charge website to sell at Redbubble.com.

This is a link to my own 'creation' so you get the idea though it may not be what you're after. Just an idea as an alternative.

Mods: Please remove link if deemed inapropriate.

Last edited:
The site on a whole is very nice, but I find the way images are browsed a bit too cluttered, but I really like the selling aspect of it, seems they have got it just right. Do you know if it is possible to implament it into an existing website?
Do they have an API available?
I'm guessing with Redbubble they take a cut of what you sell?

Pirate!!

Banned
The site on a whole is very nice, but I find the way images are browsed a bit too cluttered, but I really like the selling aspect of it, seems they have got it just right. Do you know if it is possible to implament it into an existing website?
Do they have an API available?
I'm guessing with Redbubble they take a cut of what you sell?

It's a freebie website, so they take a percentage on sales just like Fotolia but you can set the percentage margins on your sale items. As for the rest, I have no idea. Best you email them.

Pirate!!

Banned
Pirate, out of interest, any sales from this ?

Bill

Ahoy Bill!

Not yet, but to be fair I only have 20 or so images posted. Fotolia has been quite good to me, but I figured because so many people on AVF seemed to be wanting such a facility, and having gone out and found one for free, it seems silly to waste it.

That said, I've not advertised my bubblespace per-se, so it's just been feedback from bubble group members.

I'm sure if you had your own website domain name and ISP webspace you could incorporate your bubble site into it easily.

Supernovasaint

An old thread, but does anyone have any recommendations for a good photography website. Photoshelter and Squarespace look good but a little expensive. Just looking for a place to display and maybe sell images.

shotokan101

Banned
my pleasure :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom