1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on PDA - destroyed by third party charger

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by lisag, Apr 27, 2005.

1. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    This is slightly off-topic, but hopefully will be allowed, I could really use some advice. I bought this 3 in 1 charger kit for my Sony Clie PEG-T625C, plugged it into the mains, the clie started flashing the palm splash screen, there was a faint 'electrical' smell and now my Clie is totally dead.... Looks like the charger killed it, any ideas on how I should approach the company who sold me the charger, or what my rights are?

:( lisa

2. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Might be worth posting on the general chat forums, I had a look and apart from emails I could not see any contact info, but I have seen on the general forum where the owner of a website contact details have been found

3. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Ok thanks will try that, did you mean the constact details of the Add-ons website?

4. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking at their ebay feedback it doesn't look like you'll get too much joy approaching them direct.

The problem I see is you'll claim their product damaged your Clie, they'll claim your Clie was already faulty. To get anywhere you really need proof...

Saying that, the first thing to do is to approach trading trading standards or possibly the Citizens Advise Bureau, then contact the supplier asking for a refund and the cost of repair/new clie. Don't give them feedback until you feel you can go no further - then neg them with an appropriate comment. Get your money back through PayPal or your credit card.

I suspect at the end of the day it will come down to your word against theirs and all you'll get back is the moeny you paid for the charger :thumbsdow

5. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I fear you may be right - how am I going to prove it?
    The charging kit was only £15,
    Boo hoo..........
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: