Advice on Panasonic TH-42PW7B accessories

stuartg

Standard Member
I have jumped in and purchased the above plasma from av-sales, which includes the TUPTA600B MEDIABOX. Can I please have some of your opinions on the following....

What is the mediabox like for quality and how many cables are required to plug into the plasma, as I dont want to chase out large amounts of wall.

Do I need any additional cable as the mediabox and amp will be about 3-4metres away inc cable runs.....

I gather that i shouldn't put the power cable in the same trunking as the av cable?

I will be connecting this up to a denon dht500SD speakers, what distance from this screen should they be?

Anything else that will catch me out would be fantastic, thankyou in advance for all your replies. :thumbsup:

w3dal

Distinguished Member
Got mine on Friday and although the mediabox gets a pasting on these forums i was very surprised with the output.

your DVD player etc etc connects to the mediabox and then one lead from the media box goes to the plasma.

So your have a power cable and the mediabox lead coming down from the plasma screen. I have them tied together and have had no problems.

I decided to buy the tilt wall mount from AV and is very easy to fit and the Plasma is solid up there.

Enjoy mate. still cant get over the size of the thing its Fantastic!

Dal

stuartg

Standard Member
Excellent news... :thumbsup:

for my information, what is the difference between the TH-42PW7B and TH-42PWD7, as I cannot see any....

G

gunizzle

Dal Are you in Bedford?? I got mine on friday and the bloke was delivering them all over the place!! i think the PW7 with media box deal has proven to be a real winner for AV Sales, i connected them all up to just check if it all works and BLAM Jenna jameson on 42 inch TOP STUFF. i think tho im gonna go for component into my amp then out from there to all the various devices. just bought a 75 quid component board for the plasma. Ebay here i come for the media box!!!!

Mep

The "D" model is the business unit as opposed to home use and apparently has more PIP options.
I've always been told to keep power and av cables seperate but think its more of a problem with power and speaker cables being too close.
Gunizzle, where did you get the component board?

w3dal

Distinguished Member
gunizzle said:
Dal Are you in Bedford?? I got mine on friday and the bloke was delivering them all over the place!! i think the PW7 with media box deal has proven to be a real winner for AV Sales, i connected them all up to just check if it all works and BLAM Jenna jameson on 42 inch TOP STUFF. i think tho im gonna go for component into my amp then out from there to all the various devices. just bought a 75 quid component board for the plasma. Ebay here i come for the media box!!!!

No m8 im in Essex...

What screen settings have you currently got your PW7 running at the moment??

Im chuffed to bits with mine.

Dal

pioneerman

hopefully this week or next i am buying my first plasma and this is the one, on the same deal.im 100% on buying from av-sales as their reputation is so good.does any one know if the picture quality is a lot better with a component board than component through the media box.also my veiwig distance will be 4 meters away.,thanks in advance forany info.